Category: Data, Executive/Management
Company Description: Global securities, investment banking and retail banking firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10939
Executive Director – Data Science Manager - NYC
Treasury Services – Data + Design Team
Who we are
We are a new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside a large Corporate and Investment Bank. We are data scientists, design strategists and business leaders set on creating and building data products that transform the way we and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision making with science.
What we build will matter and have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how we do business, moving trillions of dollars a day. Our group will also work closely with FinTech teams to find emerging tech companies that can help us accelerate development of new products.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change.
· Explore how money moves through our network and around the world. Turning data into insights to impact the strategy and direction of our products
· Develop approaches for understanding each individual client and their behavior to deliver a continually improved experience
· Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
· Develop, plan and execute analytical projects as an individual contributor and in teams. Bring order to disparate requirements with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem solving ability, and excellent client engagement skills
· Collaborate with product managers, end users, developers, and other stakeholders to integrate data discoveries and processes into operational capabilities
· Be a data storyteller, deliver practical data insights in a compelling manner to senior leadership. Articulate findings clearly and concisely including presentations, discussions and visualizations.
· Develop deep subject matter expertise in the wide range domains in payments and liquidity to support a diverse set of products
Who you are
· Quantitative background – Advanced degree in analytical field (e.g. econometrics, statistics, computer science). 8+ years relevant experience. Understanding of statistics, optimization and machine learning methodologies. Ideally experienced with large scale graph inference. Mastery of software design principles and development skills using Python
· Hybrid at your core - Part statistician, part computer scientist, part researcher, looking for order and patterns in data. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing culture.
· Analytical thought leader - You can define the analytical agenda for projects, frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans (e.g., assess data needs, source files, prepare data, create new features, evaluate quality, etc.), and execute.
· Cognitive and Communications Skill - Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
· Leadership - Primary focus of building something of significance. Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes. Self-confidence, poise, and personal presence that inspires confidence in others. Charisma, gravitas, intellect, flexibility, and integrity that motivates others to trust, collaborate, and follow.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.