Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Contributor in Data Management, Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Client Services
Job Number: 10923
We deliver the modern data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust us to help solve their most challenging business problems with our Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. We efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions quickly, flexibly and at lower cost than has been possible before. To ensure our customers are successful, we offer comprehensive support, training and professional services.
We're is looking for a Software Engineer with distributed computing experience to help define and build a highly-scalable next generation storage engine.
Our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day. Our senior management team meets regularly with the whole company to discuss strategy, successes, and challenges.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
· Strong passion for Open Source Software.
· Strong C++ or Java skills.
· 5+ years of experience writing software
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and collaborative mindset.
· Comfortable interacting online with a worldwide open-source community.
· Strong grasp of algorithms and data structure fundamentals: O(log n) vs. O(n) matters a lot when N is 100 petabytes
· Experience with distributed systems, file system/databases, or Linux kernel internals
· Published papers and/or patents are a strong plus
Why Our client?
· Amazing people - We are a fun and smart team, including many of the top luminaries in Hadoop and related open source communities. We frequently interact with the research community, collaborate with engineers at other top companies and host cutting edge researchers for tech talks.
· Innovative work - We push the frontier of big data and distributed computing, as our track record shows. We test and deploy our code on huge clusters with thousands of nodes, terabytes of RAM, and petabytes of storage.
· Great culture - Transparent and open meritocracy. Everybody is always thinking of better ways to do things, and coming up with ideas that make a difference. We build our culture to be the best workplace in our careers.
· Oh the perks - Free lunches, happy hours, gym sponsorship, video game rooms, ping pong, foosball, 30” monitors, offices in Palo Alto and San Francisco.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.