Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: The Most Well Known Gaming Company in the World
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10903
Our client is looking for an energetic .NET Engineer to help increase the features and capabilities of our online technologies. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a team who are focused on redefining what an online gaming experience can be.
· Develop high volume, highly scalable server-side features utilizing Windows Server, SQL server, IIS, .NET, and C#.
· Develop web services supporting game console clients, browser clients, and external server clients.
· Understand and develop optimal network and server topologies composed of heterogeneous server types, load balancers, databases, NATs, routers, etc.
· Develop highly reliable distributed server systems.
· Tune real-time server systems for reliability and performance.
· Develop and tune high performance transactional database systems.
· Develop C++ console client code to communicate with server systems.
· Understand and maintain low level network protocols to communicate with game console clients.
· Work with the game project team to integrate networking technology into game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and create those improvements.
· Implement cross-platform abstractions for third-party online services, including Xbox Live and Sony NP.
· Work with external vendors to develop solutions using and/or extending their online service SDKs.
· Minimum 5+ years of experience developing enterprise level applications with C# and/or C++.
· Experience with .NET, IIS, and SQL server
· Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
· Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
· Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
· A passion for playing and making games!
· Experience building online gaming systems, commerce systems, social networking systems, search systems.
· At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
· Familiarity with networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
· Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.