Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Largest Internet Provider of Spoken Audio Entertainment
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10812
The Audio Experiences group owns the core domains for Audible's Player and Library. Audible customers spend most of their time with Audible in either the Library or Player components of our application across FireOS, Android, iOS, and Web. We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences, delight our customers, and reshape how development is done across all surfaces and devices within Audible. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening Continuous Deployment across surfaces; new technologies like AWS Lambda and Fargate, Common Encryption Standard media, adaptive live streaming, and edge architectures; as well as driving a strong engineering culture with processes like Chaos Engineering and A/B Testing.
This opportunity specifically is as a Software Development Engineer within the Audio Experiences group. The team is building cutting edge components and 3rd party APIs being used internally and externally. We build the common components and libraries for the Library and Player experiences, as well as the customer facing UI for Audible's Android, iOS, and Web applications. Our APIs enable all Audible listening experiences whether through our apps, Amazon devices, or even third party devices like Sonos. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, and CloudFront, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (5000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Work and communicate with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects
· Ownership of the complete software development lifecycle; designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features within a fast paced, Agile environment
· Define, manage and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with high-performance engineers
· Define and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team
· Maintain a hands-on approach to deliver high scale platforms for one of Audible’s flagship offerings
· Ensure the delivery of quality releases through management of direct reports; conduct code reviews
· You actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done, and their career growth and development
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
· 5+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications
· Recent experience with frontend UI technologies like React or Angular on Web Architecture
· Working knowledge of modern best practices: dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development
· Experience working on cross functional technology (two or more of these skills on a team: iOS, Android, Web, and Java APIs)
· Prior use of Enterprise level Web Stack technologies at scale in a stable production environment
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations
· Also experienced in ReactNative and has experience working on mobile platforms such as iOS & Android
· Proven success building, motivating and retaining high-performance engineering teams
· Recent experience building enterprise-scale web applications
· Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering
· Knowledge of distributed systems: how they’re built, maintained, and perform
· Recent experience with REST API development, microservices, event-driven architecture, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.