Category: Project/Business Man.
Company Description: Largest Internet Provider of Spoken Audio Entertainment
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10806
We are a rapidly growing Amazon company that nurtures both its products and its people. We are the largest provider of audiobooks on the planet - a collection of artists, designers, and technologists with a love of innovation and the art of the spoken word. We work with the best technical people and services in the world. We need more great people!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Audible on Echo team owns the full experience of audiobooks on the very popular Alexa devices. Being able to control your experience using voice has been a total game-changer, for our customers and for our developers. Everything you've been doing for the past 10 years is now obsolete, we need to create an addictive and natural experience without a screen or a GUI to show the customer -- it needs to feel like you are talking to a friend, and asking them to read you a book. Many of our challenges haven't been solved, and some of them haven't even been uncovered yet. Come join a team of forward-thinking software professionals who are looking to bring this experience to our customers.
· Play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible as well as Amazon
· Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs and priorities from concept to launch.
· Collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for services
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 8+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications.
· 2+ years experience managing agile software projects
· Ability to navigate an ambiguous environment in which change is the only constant.
· Detail oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Strong written and verbal and communication skills.
· Be able to diplomatically disagree and align when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems
· Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
· Experience building mobile device software and/or applications
· Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Project
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran /
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.