Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Largest Internet Provider of Spoken Audio Entertainment
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10735
Are you a software or quality engineer passionate about optimizing development and testing lifecycle via tools and process automation? We are the team that ensures quality of Audible’s website applications and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audible’s market leading business and help to deliver superior customer experience across desktop and mobile devices in an efficient and optimized manner using latest tools and processes. The team is comprised of QA engineers and developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams - Product, UX and Dev.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and delivering high quality features to millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
· Define standards and frameworks to ensure most efficient processes and highest level of quality, as well as design tools for unit, functional, performance and security testing in a programmatic manner.
· The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective.
· You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, Software Developer or an SDET.
· 3+ years of expertise in automation using a programing language.
· Expert level with Java/C++ or other OO languages.
· Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
· Expert Knowledge of QA Methodologies and software life cycle.
· Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
· Unix and/or Linux; Unix tools and basic Unix scripting languages.
· Strong knowledge of Oracle/SQL.
· Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD).
· Experience in test automation for mobile applications and devices.
· Experience with test and behavior driven development.
· Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
· Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects.
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals; Algorithms and Data Structures.
· Proficient in building web applications.
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Be a team player with high energy.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
17 State Street, 8th floor
New York, New York 10004
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.