Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading investor in major financial markets
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10697
Software Engineers in Securities are responsible for designing, building and optimizing our electronic trading platform. Engineers will work closely with our researchers, simulation and live traders to perform various functions, including the development of our core-trading infrastructure, designing low-latency, high-throughput trading systems and working with the research team to identify and optimize critical bottlenecks in research and production trading.
Roles in Securities/Market Making require a strong knowledge of low-level optimization (we have to be fast and smart), interest in algorithmic trading, data analysis/design, risk management and application development. Engineers will gain exposure to quantitative trading while working in our fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our engineers work on projects from inception through to deployment, and are expected to take real ownership of the assets they are building.
· Design and develop of high-performance C++ components used by trading applications. Propose new designs and modify existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
· Engineers will work closely with members of Front Office Quantitative Research and traders.
· Contributing to market making infrastructure codebase.
· Provide technical expertise to support and enhance core-trading applications.
· Working with Traders and IT Support to test and release new features.
· Developing enhancements to assist Quantitative researchers.
· Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner.
· Work as part of an established, experienced development team to build best in class technology platforms integrated with real time trading paradigms.
· Provide timely systems support for trading activities. Be able to identify problem quickly and turn around with new software.
· Strong programming skills in C++ development experience on a UNIX platform.
· Professional experience with multi-threaded application design and development.
· Experience with key languages, e.g. Python, R, Perl, shell scripting.
· Experience building trading applications.
· Knowledge of different UNIX IPC mechanisms (sockets, shared memory, semaphores, etc.).
· Professional experience with distributed systems.
· An ability to think through and debug problems.
· An understanding of financial markets and instrument types.
· Strong critical reasoning skills.
· Detail-oriented approach to solving problems.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills applicable to a dynamic trading environment.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.