Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading investor in major financial markets
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10652
We are looking for an exceptionally talented developer to build impactful software applications for trading compliance, compliance, regulatory demands. A candidate who is passionate about their work and willing to learn state of the art software that we produce. The successful candidate will have daily interactions with trading technology teams, traders, and compliance officers.
The Regulatory Reporting function is responsible for developing technology to synthesize our trading activity for various regulatory and surveillance regimes. This is a big data problem were the team works with terabytes of trading data and petabytes of market data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, and deploy applications to facilitate high-volume business critical decisions.
· Design and develop software following best practices to allow for reusability, maintainability, and scalability.
· Produce clean, testable code with associated unit tests.
· Communication and collaboration with team members and compliance as well as trading desks.
· Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle
· 8+ years of hands on development experience with C++ in a server side environment
· 6+ years of hands on development experience with Python
· Strong understanding of database systems such as MS SQL Server or another enterprise DBMS.
· Expertise in Structured Query Language (SQL)
· Hands on development using messaging paradigms (Tib, Kafka)
· Having worked on a Big Data and Time series database platform (KDB+, Snowflake)
· Good understanding of Equity and Commodity products with associated compliance requirements (e.g. short order marking, position limits, etc.)
· Strong academic background – undergrad / grad in Computer Science or a closely related field from a top tier university. Good GPA is essential
· Analytical, intellectually curious and skilled at problem solving
· Open and flexible to change (programming language, evolving specs, different business areas, etc.)
· Enthusiastic attitude and collaborative approach
Background / Experience:
· Technical education should include an undergraduate / graduate degree, preferably in Computer Science or a closely related field.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.