Category: Operations/Support, Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading investor in major financial markets
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10614
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) work to bring the practices of SRE to the financial trading field, bringing innovation and cutting edge technology to reduce complexity and improve performance. SRE’s are responsible for taking applications to production, providing early support for applications in development, and ensuring crisp application function throughout its lifetime. SRE’s will have a deep understanding of how applications function and are able to change applications for production quality.
Individuals in SRE will be working closely with application development teams on automation, application refactor, and in certain cases there will be movement between the SRE team and app dev team to allow for maximum cross-pollination.
Depending on the situation, the SRE team may be designing and deploying a new generation of production infrastructure.
This role will primarily involve working with a cohesive team of engineers, developers, and trade support teams to build world class systems and the necessary tools to maintain and constantly improve. The position calls for someone with a mind to innovate, automate, and constantly use measurements and statistics to improve. Members of the team have backgrounds in a range of areas including: software development, networking, UNIX internals and large-scale systems administration.
· Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of applications
· Own the automation of repetitive tasks and resolution of systematic issues
· Identify and deliver engineering solutions for issues based on root cause analysis
· Own incident management and resolution
· Lead by evangelizing the SRE mindset to other teams
· Provide support and ensure applications are production ready
· Strong background in computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
· Fully proficient in at least one modern structured programming language
· Comfortable with a range of current software development tools and practices (testing, source control, build systems, CI/CD etc)
· A basic working understanding of TCP/IP networking, LAN and WAN as well as Linux networking
· SQL and database experience a strong plus.
· Some experience with building and managing highly reliable large scale systems a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong entrepreneurial spirit
· A passion for learning, adapting to changing requirements and technology and inventing new approaches to hard problems
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or an allied field.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.