Category: Operations/Support, Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading investor in major financial markets
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10613
The Electronic Trading Technology Team is responsible for developing critical trading infrastructure for a variety of businesses with focus on performance, stability and automation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior QA Automation Engineer within the Electronic Trading Technology team will work closely with members of trading desks and development teams. This individual is expected to provide technical expertise to define and establish test automation strategy for the front office trading systems and infrastructure. (S)he must demonstrate ability to analyze complex business/technical problems, design and implement appropriate automated test cases, proactively and in a self-directed manner. The role will utilize python based scripting to develop robust, fully automated integration testing solutions for internally developed software applications and frameworks.
Key job responsibilities include:
· Responsible for driving QA automation strategy and process.
· Responsible for developing test scripts to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
· Facilitate communication and collaboration with trading desk, level-1/2 support, DevOps, and technology teams.
· Focus on automation and the use of non-gui driven testing techniques.
· Knowledge of financial products.
· Knowledge of Order Management.
· Enthusiasm for creating great products and solid quality assurance process
· 5+ years experience with automation of integration testing.
· Working knowledge of databases, Unix/Linux.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and diagnose complex real-world system issues
· Server-side scripting experience on Linux using shell scripts, python, and SQL.
· Excellent understanding of object oriented design principles and service oriented architectures
· Experience with source control systems, configuration and build management
· Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
· Expertise in performance/load testing
· Ability to read and debug C++ programs
· Understanding of financial exchange protocols (Equities, Futures, and Treasury markets).
· Knowledge of financial products (FX, Credit, Equities, and their derivatives).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Passion for solving investment business problems through the use of technology.
· Strong critical reasoning skills.
· Detail-oriented approach to solving problems.
· Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
· Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity.
· Self starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, (s)he will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.