We are searching for an experienced and thorough Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. This role is a critical one in our company to ensure that we deliver best of class platform and application management. This role requires the ability to work in a wide variety of hosting environments and technology stacks with specific focus on AWS and a commitment to Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and continuous deployment. You will also assist in the configuration, installation of IT and engineering infrastructure (on premises and cloud).
The ideal candidate should possess a consistent track record of: solving complex problems in AWS, IaC, CI/CD automation, and quickly learning new AWS services as they become available.
It is essential that all applicants be self-motivated, excellent communicator and well organized.
- Architect, design and develop IaC components for the company solution and internal engineering tools running in AWS
- Ability to receive direction and take a full project to completion.
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art security product using the latest CI/CD techniques which are and fully automated, repeatable and secure.
- Administration of Linux systems at scale using automation.
- Secure infrastructure using security best practices (TLS, certificate management, authentication and authorization etc.)
- Architect, design and develop a consistent deployment infrastructure for service mesh applications using technology such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Ambassador.
- Architect, design and develop a consistent logging, monitoring, and diagnostic system for the Balbix solutions.
- Work with the Balbix product teams to enhance Balbix products with learnings from deploying Balbix to monitor our own cloud solution.
- A key member of the team that will get Balbix to SoC 2 and FedRAMP compliance.
- In depth experience with IaC using tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, or CloudFormation
- 2+ years of programming with Python or similar language.
- Administration of Linux systems at scale environment with Python programming and shell scripting.
- Familiar with configuration management system such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Expertise in deploying applications to multiple cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with AWS services such as VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda.
- Desire to push for infra-structure as code throughout the deployment lifecycle.
- Experience with security best practices.
- Familiarity with middleware software such as Nginx, HA Proxy, Kafka, and other components used in public cloud environment is a plus.
- Focused and calm while under pressure in meeting competing deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills able to quickly change priorities.
WHO WE ARE
We build a breach risk dashboard for cybersecurity. Think of us as preventative healthcare for enterprise networks whose vitals we continuously discover, monitor and quantify. Specifically, we model the risk carried by hundreds of attack vectors (e.g. likelihood of breach from phishing), contextualize them to physical assets in the enterprise (e.g. firewalls, laptops, etc.), and prioritize these assets by their relative impact of breach (e.g. active directory servers are more important than display devices). The outcome is a clickable, searchable, and human readable risk dashboard that is relevant, engaging and easy on the eyes.
Employee life is collaborative and fast-paced. We encourage the willingness to experiment and learn, a can-do attitude, ownership, excellence and commitment. We offer an environment of growth & opportunity by providing guidance and candid feedback. We support each other at every step of the way. As employees, we consider ourselves as co-owners of the business as we take our mission seriously. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
BENEFITS & PERKS, HAPPINESS
Our Employees' health and well-being is very important to us, and we truly believe that everyday choices that we make can help us live healthier and happier lives, both at work and at home. We offer rich health benefits and wellness plans which are designed to enhance the overall quality of life of our team members and their loved ones.
We hang out together and enjoy playing pool, beer bashes, celebrating our personal & professional milestones, team lunches together multiple times a week are just part of our life.