Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading E-Discovery Solutions Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10551
The Software Engineer solves complex eDiscovery problems with power of software. This position designs and builds products using Microsoft and open source technologies. The Software Engineer is responsible for building creative software solutions to lead the industry, improve productivity, increase efficiency and reduce errors happening with manual processes/workflows.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for designing software applications and processes from conception to completion, including the ability to effectively convey those designs to peers and management.
• Specify non-functional software requirements and analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility
• Estimate software development timelines and be accountable to the timelines by actively managing risks and changing requirements
• Provide input into system software architecture development by working with Staff, Advisory and Principle Engineers as required
• Implement software using abstraction, low coupling and high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation and information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns
• Implement software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming and exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) such as SOLID (Single Responsibility, Open-Closed, Liskov Substitution, Interface Segregation, and Dependency Inversion)
• Test software with traceability back to requirements
• Follow agile software development processes and practices (SCRUM) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize resources and reduce expense
• Use application of software development tools (IDEs, test frameworks, static analyzers, etc.) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize resources and reduce expense
• Identify and reduce technical debt
• Experience in eDiscovery industry is preferred
• 4+ years professional development including strong competencies or expertise in
o Application development language such as C#, .NET Core
o Database development, query optimization and handling large datasets in a technology like MS SQL and No SQL technologies
o Web technologies like ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core
• 1 + Year(s) experience developing in utility cloud environment is preferred.
• B.S. in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience/certification preferred.
• The ability to work cross group to negotiate and resolve conflicting situations.
C# HTML, .NET 4.6, MVC
Application Integration with Relativity APIs, some knowledge of Rest APIs
Microsoft SQL Server required, querying and designing databases/tables and query optimization.
TFS for SDLC management, source control, etc..
Code Refactoring, design patterns and clean code practices.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.