Company Description: proprietary trading firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10547
Data Center Engineer
This position is for a motivated, experienced individual to work with our networking and systems administration teams in our regional data centers. The position is a combination of data center rack and stack work, network administration and systems administration. This is a hands-on position where the individual will be challenged to deliver high quality work in Jane Street’s production environment.
· Work as a support resource for different groups within technology, including the systems administration, developer and network engineering groups.
· Travel to different data centers to troubleshoot issues, install, configure, and monitor new and existing equipment.
· Be responsible for the overall data center security, organization, documentation, safety, cleanliness and supplies.
· Suggest alternatives and improvements to current processes when there are better alternatives.
· Coordinate logistics of shipping/receiving server, network and telecommunications equipment.
· Rack, cable and provision servers and networking equipment.
· Maintain inventory for cabling, optics and network equipment.
· Perform hardware maintenance on rack mounted servers.
· Measure, install, dress and label copper and fiber cabling.
· Work with carriers on installation of services.
· Troubleshoot server issues with senior system administrators.
· Troubleshoot network issues with senior network engineers.
· Troubleshoot equipment failures, install and configure replacements.
· Ability to work evening and occasional weekends.
· Supervise vendors and trades when they are in the data center doing work.
· Self-driven, independent individual.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability of analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Basic knowledge of networks, Linux and Windows.
· Basic knowledge of data center best practices and cabling methodology.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders to install cabling and equipment.
Nice to have
· Ability upgrade code of networking devices.
· Ability to terminate copper/fiber cabling.
· Upgrade firmware and BIOS settings of servers.
· Ability to test and troubleshoot dark fiber connectivity.
· Basic Bash/Python scripting experience.
· 1-2 years experience working in a Data Center environment; racking & stacking equipment and cable management.
· Familiarity with Dell, Cisco, Arista, Ciena, Corning, and/or Ortronics products.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.