Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Largest Internet Provider of Spoken Audio Entertainment
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10526
· Own and be responsible for key components within the team
· Design, develop, implement and support Key Components using latest technology that will influence teams beyond Audible
· Work with Product Management and take the lead to help create, design and develop software that involves exploring and bringing out latest technology on the platform to make the listening experience better and easier for our users
· Take every opportunity make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of cutting edge mobile based products
· Provide technical direction and strategy to the team, drive the system architecture, spearhead the best practices and influence peer teams with brown-bag sessions and hackathons
· Staying up to date on the latest trends & technologies industry-wide and sharing that knowledge with the internal community
· Committed to team work, hustle and strong communication skills (both to business and technical peers)
· Thrive in delivering high quality technology mobile products in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of experience in Objective-C or Swift
· 5+ years of professional software development experience
· Working knowledge of modern best practices: dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development
· Past mentorship of other engineers within an organization, showing mutual growth and provide technical leadership
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations
· Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership
· A high-quality bar: just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment. Enthusiasm for instilling this attitude in others
· A preference for Agile development methodologies
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions
· Strong data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design
· Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications.
· Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto Layout and related SDKs, including use of storyboard and animations.
· Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions.
· Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
· Experience with Swift, bridging headers etc.
· Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.