Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Edtech Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10494
Our client is changing education by building a global community of students, the largest digital library of study materials, and innovative machine learning technology to support both learning and teaching.
A Staff Software Engineer with our client is a technical leader who provides mentorship for team members, drives key projects, and participates in the continuous improvement of our software systems. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
Working here, you will demonstrate your engineering expertise and passion for applying technology to help solve real business problems as they happen. You should be comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and have a strong desire to work on a variety of business applications. Our engineers are versatile leaders who work enthusiastically to tackle new problems across the full technology stack.
You'll work closely with the product team and other engineers to solve complex technical challenges as well as craft product features that our customers love. Ultimately, as an engineering leader, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
· You’ll design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
· You’ll identify and evaluate new technologies to improve the our client’s platform platform.
· You’ll design and implement technical system changes—this is hands-on work where you’ll be coding or mentoring developers.
· You’ll develop new user-facing features.
· You’ll ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
· You’ll profile and optimize our apps, ensuring high performance across devices.
· You’ll identify best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives.
· You’ll design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects.
· You’ll work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications.
· You’ll mentor more junior engineers.
Are you our next Staff Software Engineer, Front End?
· You’ve earned a BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience.
· You have 8+ years of experience designing and building dynamic production solutions.
· You have 1+ years of experience using ReactJS and Redux.
· You have a strong technical background coding web applications at scale.
· You have a good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
· You have knowledge of Angular and jQuery, particularly Angular2.
· You understand cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
· You have familiarity with responsive design and implementation.
· You are detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to manage shifting priorities.
· You have an appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions.
· You have the ability to formulate articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution.
· You have a deep sense of product ownership.
· You have direct experience with any of the following: PHP, Symfony, Scrum, mobile application development or developing large software systems.
· You have previous work experience at a startup or consumer Internet company.
What We Offer You:
· Industry competitive salary and stock options
· Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
· 401(k) program to help you save for the future
· Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
· Free weekly catered lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
· Regularly planned team outings and company events
· Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
· Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
Our client is an online learning library where you can access over 20 million course-specific study resources contributed by a community of students and educators. You’ll find practice problems, study guides, videos, class notes, and step-by-step explanations for every subject you’re studying — from economics to literature, biology to history, accounting to psychology, and everything in between. We help you quickly find what you need so you can learn deeply.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. In addition to hiring the best talent, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.