Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Edtech Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10492
A Staff Software Engineer with our client is a technical leader who provides mentorship for team members, drives key projects, and participates in the continuous improvement of our software systems. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
Working here, you will demonstrate your engineering expertise and passion for applying technology to help solve real business problems as they happen. You should be comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and have a strong desire to work on a variety of business applications. Our engineers are versatile leaders who work enthusiastically to tackle new problems across the full technology stack.
You'll work closely with the product team and other engineers to solve complex technical challenges as well as craft product features that our customers love. Ultimately, as an engineering leader, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
· You’ll take complete technical ownership of a part of the platform, make architectural trade-offs, write code, and deliver with speed and quality.
· You’ll design, implement, test, and maintain multi-tier, scalable, high-volume, and reliable distributed systems that perform 24x7.
· You’ll keep the platform running by overseeing the management of production issues.
· You’ll be a technical leader within your team and mentor more junior members of the team.
· You’ll stay on top of evolving tools/technologies and design approaches and inform and educate other members of the engineering team.
Are you our Staff Software Engineer - Platform?
· You have hands-on experience with developing and maintaining medium/large distributed systems
· You have a strong understanding of various aspects of distributed systems design
· You have a deep understanding of modern operating systems and networking
· You have a track record of analyzing and fixing scalability issues
· You have successfully mentored junior as well as senior engineers and enjoy helping your teammates succeed.
· You are able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation
· You can quickly estimate the feasibility and size of any project
· You’ve earned a BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
· You have 8+ years of relevant industry experience
· You have developed large systems with Docker and Kubernetes
· You have hands-on experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
What We Offer You:
· Industry competitive salary and stock options
· Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
· 401(k) program with matching to help you save for the future
· Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
· Regularly planned team events and outings
· Free lunches twice a week, cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
· Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
· Opportunity to make a meaningful impact - education technology is revolutionizing the way we learn
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.