Company Description: Leading Data Analytics Platform for the Food Service Industry
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10452
Andiamo is currently looking for several Developer/Database Developers for a growing funded startup in Chandler Arizona. In this role the selected candidate(s) will be responsible for contributing to the ongoing development of our client’s technologies. They will be working with their team to proactively solve problems and develop/ enhance best practices and methodologies. They can not only work with transactional and analytical database technologies, but also with application development technologies as well. The ideal candidate is just as comfortable developing object-oriented applications in languages such as Ruby as they are developing complex stored procedures in databases such as MySQL. They should have the flexibility to both enhance and maintain existing solutions while also being able to develop comprehensive solutions from the ground up.
This position requires a self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented professional to work productively in a collaborative environment using data analytic skills in support of software development and in an investigative capacity.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Work within an agile environment as a member of a collaborative team to produce cutting edge web applications for the educational industry
• Develop middle tier, server side business functionality using Ruby on Rails
• Write quality automated tests and coach others on it
• Develop and be able to integrate with REST APIs (BIG BONUS: has experience building APIs using the Grape Middleware)
• Create and maintain well-tuned T-SQL code (Queries, Triggers, Functions, Stored Procedures, etc)
• Troubleshoot and optimize database queries
• Create and maintain documentation for all assigned projects
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a timely manner
• Participate in SCRUM/Agile planning and teams
• Proactively develop best practices both individually and within a team environment
• Develop innovative solutions to problems and work as a team to incorporate solutions into best practices
Company-wide skills, abilities and expectations:
• Communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal form
• Maintain a high level of customer service with both internal and external customers
• Maintain a professional code of conduct, including professional language, actions, and attire
• Acknowledge and accept direction from company leadership
• Demonstrate willingness and desire to work and collaborate with co-workers and the general public
• Prioritize work and handle multiple tasks while working independently
• Remain organized and plan well
• Work well under pressure, pay attention to detail, meet deadlines and deal with difficult situations while maintaining composure, professionalism and a positive attitude.
• Commit to professional and personal growth
• Embrace a culturally diverse environment
• Adapt to change while conveying professionalism
• Work under pressure; pay attention to detail; meet deadlines; deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure and professionalism
• Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations and requirements
Specific Job Skills/Abilities:
• Experience doing full stack application development in Ruby on Rails
• Experience developing with and managing MYSQL infrastructure
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to manage own project work and provide assistance to other DBAs/developers
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science OR equivalent experience.
• 5+ years in a full stack development role
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
• Experience in performance tuning and optimization in all tiers
• Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
• Experience developing within an agile environment.
• Experience collaborating across teams and with outside clients.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Development experience within the food industry is a plus.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.