Our client, a tech-forward, innovative, international airline, is looking for an Infrastructure Architect to join the team.
The Senior Infrastructure Architect prepares architectural analysis of projects including preliminary design, calculation, lifecycle costs and equipment selection. This Architect ensures that designs are aligned with the reference architecture standards and framework used to properly deploy infrastructure technology solutions. The Senior Infrastructure Architect excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun, and Passion.
- Research, evaluate, test, recommend and implement new technology platforms.
- Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and related cost for each project request.
- Produce design documents to effectively hand over infrastructure architecture to other Operations departments for successful systems engineering and implementation.
- Drive the creation and adoption of reusable technology assets to improve efficiency.
- Proactively evaluate market trends (industry/technical), research, and influence the introduction technology solutions to deliver competitive advantage.
- Analyze trends in technology to assess the impact of emerging technologies on the business, and to provide viable solutions that address technology and business needs.
- Initiate and executes proofs of concept and builds prototypes to assess new solution methodologies and technology.
- Expert level knowledge required assisting customers in architecting, planning, testing and deploying technology solutions.
- Contribute to the architectural frameworks and standards to be used by the engineering teams to design technology solutions.
- Ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms.
- Identify regulatory risks related to architectural components and develops mitigation strategies.
- Provide the framework that ensures system design and build practices are in line with all audit and security requirements.
- Partner in the delivery of the annual IT and business plans to achieve team and department goals, including project oversight, risk mitigation and business partner management.
- Make recommendations regarding scope, timeline or budget for projects.
- Collaborate with other teams in improving communication and teamwork to drive efficiencies and improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education
- Four (4) years of experience in production operations environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in IT Infrastructure, single sign-on, network, IT security, server types, virtualization, storage area networks, center tools, processes and software.
- Experience with MS-SQL databases and Directory Services
- Experience with application presentation platforms such as Citrix
- Strong understanding of DR and HA solutions and their use.
- Available for overnight travel (up to 10%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Five (5) years of experience in server and datacenter technologies
- Server and application deployment via automation and configuration management tools
- Designing application infrastructure for private and public cloud environments
- Designing application infrastructure that reside in hosted datacenter environments
- Designing application infrastructure that run on Linux and or related OS typediverse technical areas
- Possess strong team building interpersonal skills