The US safety team at our client ensures that our US community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our apps, while protecting our brand. By ensuring the accurate execution and local adaptation of our global rules, incentives, and other behavioral modifiers, this team acts as a bridge between local cross-functional teams and the global policy teams.
As the head of US content safety operations at our client, you will be responsible for managing the processes, teams and policy playbook that in turn impact what content is shown to whom, where, and when. This senior role must balance internal operational realities with external policy pressures, build executional teams and culture, while communicating complex ideas to our client's America’s management and creating internal alignment.
1. Manage content safety review teams, as well as a small team of playbook policy and local safety program managers
2. Take the lead to draft local adaptations of content policy, creating consensus with senior management and global content policy
3. Build teams, cross functional relationships, and moderation processes to respond to new launches and changes in the external environment
4. Own our internal US content policy country playbook and iterate its content as necessary
1. 5+ years in a policy leadership position in a top technology firm or equivalent
2. 4+ years managing teams of FTEs in high tech companies
3. Significant experience interfacing with operations, public policy, legal teams and product
4. Process design experience launching support functions for new lines of business
1. Direct experience having written community guidelines, internal playbook policy, implementing policy across operations teams
2. Experience leading content policy during national crisis situations
3. Eager to shape a new space within a rapidly growing and changing tech company
4. Healthy respect for other cultures and deep empathy for users
5. Experience growing teams from scratch