Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Entertainment and Media Streaming Company
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10431
Our client is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
The Advertising Platform team at our client's Santa Monica location is looking for a strong Technical Lead / Software Manager who will lead and manage a font-end engineering team within the Ad Tools group within the Advertising Platform. Our client runs one of the largest proprietary video ad serving systems on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and billions of ads served per month. The Ad Tools team supports the entire advertising pipeline being responsible for building applications that helped drive over a billion dollars in advertising revenue in 2018. Successful candidates will lead a team of five (four Software Engineers and one QC Engineer) in building high quality software applications. You will have strong software design and development skills. You will be able to translate high-level business requirements into scalable software solutions and drive complex software projects from inception to delivery. You will have strong communications skills, both within engineering teams and with stakeholders across the organization. Finally, you will be passionate about career development and have a strong track record of attracting, hiring, and developing top-tier engineering talent.
· Build a world-class software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement.
· Work with senior engineers on your team to define the next generation architecture for our client's ad tooling and management platform; including identifying gaps in the existing system and designing alternatives that are scalable, robust and easy to maintain.
· Coach and mentor other engineers on the team to ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards.
· Gather requirements and drive implementation for future enhancements to our client’s proprietary tools.
· This is a hands-on development role. You’ll be leading by example by helping other Engineers with their projects. While you are not expected to take on any critical path projects, you will help your team with the development of theirs.
· Demonstrated ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun.
· 5+ years of top-tier software development experience; at least 2 years having led teams.
· 4+ years working in Ad Tech.
· Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures.
· Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development.
· Strong proficiency in at least one widely used front-end programming language and/or framework (React.js, Angular.js, Python, etc.)
· Proficiency with front-end database technologies. (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon RDBS)
· Previous experience developing or working with a workflow engine. (e.g. Mulesoft, Conductor, etc.)
· Experience working in a mix of Cloud and Enterprise data center environments
· Experience developing and implementing a large-scale API.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.