Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Award-Winning International Airline
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10430
The Application Services Developer is responsible for development, testing, and documentation of enterprise class web application, services, middle-tier interfaces and backend database, mainly with Java technologies like J2EE, Spring and Struts. The role requires strong industry experience in REST, JSON, XML, SOAP web services and SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS. This role collaborates with various teams for research, analysis, and architecture of business solutions. The developer will develop and maintain innovative, scalable solutions that provide value to the business and provide operational support as required.
* Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC),
* Decompose and translate business requirements into detailed design specifications
* Code/design/test configurable, self-healing, and zero-to-minimal-maintenance JAVA web applications and services using Spring or Struts framework.
* Provide input and guidance on development and architecture decisions and governance processes
* Proactively collaborate with the appropriate matrix of IT teams (business solution delivery, architecture, development, QA, infrastructure & support) for project estimation, construction, and delivery of business solutions
* Partners with data center operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation and support for applications
* Leads/conducts/participates in detailed code reviews in a constructive manner to insure high quality and consistent coding practices
* Ensure continued accountability for product and services delivery within IT shared services development organization
* Create written and presentation materials that cater to technical and business audiences
* Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
* Ability to present to various levels
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.