Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District
and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be joining a small team as a technical lead and architect for a new technology product. You will have the opportunity to build and lead a team of developers. You and you team will work with subject matter experts and data scientists to design and build a new platform to support our expanding product offerings. Considerations as we expand will include performance, scale, extensibility, infrastructure, data analytics, and integration points with larger enterprise ecosystem as well as external providers. In addition, you will have direct development responsibility for key framework components. Experience with a wide breadth of technology paradigms and concepts is expected with a focus on data-driven, python applications a must. The job will be varied and challenging.
These are essential to success in this role:
- 2+ years' experience as a developer/lead, experience in systems design / architecture or similar relevant experience
- Extensive experience with python as a programming language
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications or similar relevant experience
- Experience with data modeling (logical and physical) and object modeling
- A demonstrable interest in building modern applications and services for professional and technical users
- Experience with a variety of database systems, both relational and NoSQL
- Excellent clarity of thought process and communication ability
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others.
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Experience with data analytics - both tools as well as impact to data structures and implementation
- Experience with enterprise environments and related complexities, dynamics, and processes
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Experience with distributed systems, API integration and modeling.
- Experience with modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Experience with information security paradigms and implementations
- BA/BS/MS in computer science or related subject area
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).