Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: ML/AI software for fraud detection
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10399
Our client is an award winning Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Company. Their innovative cross channel AI solutions are applied in industries such as fintech, investment banking, biotech, and insurance, offering sales leaders unlimited opportunities. The team pushes the boundaries of innovation for in pure Artificial Intelligence technologies with a culture is focused on delivering the results our clients expect and deserve.
The Research and Development team is dedicated to keeping us at the cutting edge of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine learning (ML). Its main goals are to research and innovate to provide the model development team with the newest and most effective technologies.
The R&D team is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help develop our internal modeling libraries and maintain our machine learning API. They will also provide guidance on best software development practices within the team and work closely with data scientists. Our objective is to form a strong team of both software engineers and data scientists that will form the core development team of machine learning model-building software tools. Currently we are seeking someone who has a primary background in software engineering, but is interested in machine learning and has experience implementing machine learning algorithms at a fairly low level.
It encompasses the following activities:
• Development of the machine learning API as well as internal modeling utilities, primarily based on the Java programming language.
• Interface with Data Scientists on the R&D Modeling team who will comprise the primary user-base of the modeling utilities.
• Interface with the Java and C++ development teams in order to help incorporate machine learning components into our core products and production models.
• Propose methodologies and guide best practices for all stages of software development.
• Develop, maintain, and provide documentation for the Optimize machine learning / data science toolkit.
• Help push prototypes of models designed by Data Scientists on the R&D team to stable, production-ready implementations either in our command-line tools or web-based UI applications.
• Work with the Java Development team to integrate machine learning training into the backend of products such as iLearn and iModel.
• Work with the C++ team to develop high-speed high-throughput implementations of models used for real-time scoring.
• Drive stress-testing and debugging methodologies of machine learning models that will be pushed to production scale.
All About You
• Strong Mathematics, Statistics, and Probability background.
• Skilled in Java development and developing applications around the Apache ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cassandra, etc.)
• Four or more years of experience in a professional software development background, preferably in machine learning or backend development.
• Experience with SQL languages and databases, primarily PostgreSQL.
• Highly curious and interested in solving challenging problems.
• Good communication skills.
• BS in computer science, mathematics, physics or a related field.
Nice to have:
• Skilled in C++ development.
• Familiar with common ML and Data Science tools such as Anaconda, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-Learn, etc.
• Strong interest in machine learning and AI and knowledgeable about current research.
• Experience with API design and development from an end-user perspective.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
17 State Street, 8th floor
New York, New York 10004
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.