Who we are:
Generali Global Health Services (GGHS) provides services to globally mobile people who hold international private health insurance. Through our worldwide network of customer service centres, healthcare professionals and medical facilities, we give members access to the best healthcare services in the world.
Operating out of Thornhill, Ontario, (Highway 407 & Leslie Street), we hire people with a broad set of skills that connect with the business everyday. Together, our multilingual, multinational team is driving our business forward – and our success is built on the diverse backgrounds, experiences and approaches of our staff.
The Business Systems Analyst / Product Owner (Data Platform) at GGHS will:
- Be the bridge between the Data Platform team and the business.
- Lead discovery phase initiatives to determine core data pain points and priorities.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to define business requirements and associated epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Make decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
- Produce requirements, manage stakeholder relationships and formulate creative workflow designs based on business operations, goals and objectives.
- Develop high quality deliverables including business requirements, functional specifications, business processes, system rules, options papers and recommendations.
- Create readable, yet detailed requirements documents, for data centric applications.
- Perform source to target data mapping for development of reports, as need be.
- Review data to determine operational impacts and needed actions; elevate issues, trends, areas for improvement and opportunities to management.
- Enhance the breadth and quality of data captured and processed.
- Create standardized data and reporting processes in order to make data operational/analytic/BI ready.
- Encourage good data management practices and adhere to our Data Governance.
- Articulate knowledge of user experience and interface design concepts to members of the project team to assist interface development.
- Be self-driven and naturally curious to challenge existing assumptions and elicit new questions.
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team.
- Communicate effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience working in a Business Analyst (IT) role with a deep understanding and full cycle involvement in the Agile Software Development Life Cycle and proven track record of bridging the gap between IT and business.
- 5+ years of experience within data warehousing, business intelligence, enterprise reporting and dashboards.
- Deep experience with data models, data flows/data movement, reporting and analytics documentation.
- Understanding of Internet and client/server based applications and architectures.
- Proven ability to drive all aspects of testing from planning through execution to sign-off.
- Experience with web services, ESB, API’s at both conceptual level and usage within systems and applications is an asset
- Experience working in the Insurance (Disability, Health, Life and Travel preferred), Third Party Administration (TPA) or Health Care Industry is an asset.
- CBAP, CSPO and/or PBA certification an asset.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office 365.
- Availability to travel on an ad hoc basis.
- SQL and relational database engineering experience is an asset.
- Experience with reporting and BI tools e.g. PowerBI, SSRS, SSAS is an asset.
- Bilingual French would be a great asset.
We have a strong focus on supporting employees to thrive and develop their careers while maintaining a healthy work/life balance. As a close, high-performing team, we understand that providing superior service to our members is only possible if we offer an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
- A competitive salary and annual bonus program;
- Extended health and dental benefits;
- An RRSP matching program of up to $4000 per year;
- Free parking;
- Ongoing coaching and support from our management team to assist in achieving your career goals.
- Opportunity for occasional international travel.