Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Edtech Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10390
Staff DevOps Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Our client is looking for an ideal software engineer who is passionate about DevOps, has a blend of development and operational experience and the empathy that fuels their passion; to build tools that enable developers to design, test, deploy, support and operate code in production.
As a member of the DevOps team, you will create deployment automation that enable the automated configuration, management and scalability of cloud microservices and infrastructure processes in a large scale distributed system.
A Staff-level Engineer at our client will have a deep impact on a wide variety of technology decisions spanning multiple projects. We are looking for an exceptional technologist who has in-depth knowledge in continuous delivery, distributed systems, big data process and has built highly scalable and reliable systems. Mentorship is a key characteristic of a successful Staff Engineer with our client and you will have the opportunity to lead early career and senior engineers on the path to making the best technical decisions.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
· You’ll create practices around deploying scalable and resilient distributed microservices in cloud environments.
· You’ll contribute solid and defensible opinions about code structure, object oriented design, and programming paradigms along with code reviews.
· You’ll provide technical leadership on tooling and services; open knowledge sharing with other team members and willingness to mentor team members.
· You’ll continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies or services to maximize operations efficiency and reliability.
· You’ll drive operational improvements and application design requirements back to your software engineering partners.
· You’ll monitor and detect issues using tools like Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, New Relic, Datadog, and PagerDuty.
Are you our Next Staff DevOps Engineer?
· You've gained 5-10 years of professional experience developing software.
· You've earned a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or STEM field.
· You have developed and improved CI/CD automation pipelines using Docker/Packer, Kubernetes, Terraform, Gitlab, Ansible, Jenkins, Python/Go/Bazel and other microservice APIs in support of a distributed microservices platform at scale.
· You have a robust Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails?” when you build things.
· You have flexibility to adjust to changes in priorities and ability to deliver within constraints.
· You are familiar with build languages like Bazel, Maven, or Gradle.
· You have some data engineering experience.
What We Offer You:
· Industry competitive salary and stock options
· Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
· 401(k) program to help you save for the future
· Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
· Free weekly lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
· Regularly planned team outings and company events
· Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
· Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
Our client envisions a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. We are a privately held, mission-driven educational technology company that is profitable and growing. We’re building the optimal learning destination for every college course. Our client’s students can access over 20 million course-specific study materials and study resources to enhance their supplemental and deep learning experiences. We see more students that are confident and prepared when they can quickly find what they need and learn deeply.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.