Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: The Most Well Known Gaming Company in the World
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10383
SENIOR BIG DATA ENGINEER
Our Client is seeking a Senior Big Data Engineer to join a team focused on building a cutting edge game analytics platform and tools to better understand our players and enhance their experience in our games.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in developing complex ingestion and transformation processes with an emphasis on reliability and performance. In collaboration with other data engineers, database administrators, and developers, the candidate will empower the team of analysts and data scientists to deliver data driven insights and applications to company stakeholders.
· ETL Design and Development – Assist in the development of a big data platform in Hadoop using pipeline technologies such as Spark, Oozie, and more to support a variety of requirements and applications.
· Warehouse Design and Development – Set the standards for warehouse and schema design in massively parallel processing engines such as Hadoop and Vertica while collaborating with analysts and data scientist in the creation of efficient data models.
· Implement and support big data tools and frameworks such as HDFS, Hive, and Impala.
· Implement and support streaming technologies such as Kafka and Spark.
· Assist in the development of deployment automation and operational support strategies.
· Deliver near-real time and non-near-real-time data and applications to a team of analysts and data scientists who create insights and analytics applications for our stakeholders.
· 7+ years of work experience with ETL, data modeling, and business intelligence big data architectures.
· 4+ years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Map Reduce, Spark, Oozie, Impala, HBase, etc.) and big data ecosystems (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
· Expert in at least one SQL language such as T-SQL or PL/SQL.
· Experience developing and managing data warehouses on a terabyte or petabyte scale.
· Strong experience in massively parallel processing & columnar databases.
· Experience working in a Linux environment.
· Experience with Python and shell scripting.
· Deep understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
· Ability to manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
· Good communication skills.
· Dynamic team player.
· A passion for technology - we are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills and seek out new skills and solutions.
· Experience in real-time analytics applications.
· Knowledge of the video game industry.
· Experience with Python, Java or Scala programming languages.
· Experience in implementing a machine learning pipeline.
· Experience with Vertica.
· Experience with Tableau administration.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.