Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: The Most Well Known Gaming Company in the World
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10381
Data Scientist (all experience levels)
New York, New York
Our Client is seeking an experienced data scientist to join our Analytics practice and help advance our business intelligence capabilities. Successful candidates will work with analytics and product leadership to assure that the most relevant real-time and historical data is identified, tracked, analyzed, and made actionable across all of our games.
· Partner with analysts and live producers to identify strategic business questions, key metrics, and actionable insights.
· Provide consumer-ready analysis to Analytics team leadership, live producers, product managers and partner groups.
· Assure our clients’ ongoing competitive advantage through best-in-class business and game data analysis.
· Initiate and carry out analytic experiments aligned with long-term, strategic initiatives.
· Combine great data analytics skills with strong business acumen to provide insights that will drive continued success.
· Design, develop and deliver machine learning enabled solutions to address critical business or game questions.
· Design and build validation tests to assess the efficiency of the model (or algorithm) in place and provide strategic insights to stakeholders.
· Conduct proactive in-depth analysis and predictive modeling to uncover hidden opportunities.
· Develop mechanisms to objectively measure the performance of initiatives and propose recommendations for improvement.
· Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure data influences decisions at all levels.
· Work within a team of data analysts and engineers.
· 3+ years in a data science or similar role in the marketing, finance, forensics or technology fields required.
· Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Data Mining, Clustering, and Classification.
· Proficiency in statistics such as distributions, predictive modeling, data validation, statistical testing, regression.
· 2+ years of experience in machine learning/ statistical languages and systems such as Python, Matlab, R, SAS.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with a strong quantitative background.
· Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
· Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
· Strong team spirit.
· Passion for our client and its titles.
· 2+ years using SQL (or a SQL-like language) required, other programming experience highly preferred.
· Experience with Vertica and Hadoop, an asset.
· Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD), an asset.
· Game industry experience strongly desired.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.