Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Edtech Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10379
Staff UX Designer
Our clients’ Design team is looking for a Staff UX Designer to help lead design strategy and tackle some of our client’s most exciting challenges. This role requires strong leadership, substantial contribution towards product strategy, and acute evaluation of our impact on our customer experience. In addition, you will help grow our team by serving as a mentor, and helping the team deliver designs of highest quality.
Your first challenge in this role is helping the Core Experience (CoreX) team on its mission to create a stellar user experience for our students. As a CoreX member, you’ll lead the design of a personalized study experience for our students, helping them discover relevant content and practice problems related to their courses. You will also identify and execute on opportunities to make our client a habit-forming product and improve overall engagement and retention for our students.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
· You’ll partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering leadership to represent the design team, contribute to CoreX’s vision and strategy, lead complex design initiatives such as Search, Content Discovery, and Study Tools that facilitate mastery of concepts and courses
· You’ll partner with our User Research team to understand students’ study behavior, and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs
· You’ll help lead our efforts to improve the user experience on our mobile platform, creating best practices and coaching the rest of the team about mobile design
· You’ll be an active mentor for designers on the Student Experience team and help improve the efficiency of our design process, feedback, and critique sessions
· You’ll collaborate with designers across the product team and help lead broad, company-wide initiatives, such as improving our design language and adopting a mobile-first strategy
Are you our next Staff UX Designer?
· You have 7+ years of experience in a leading individual contributor role designing omni-channel user experiences across web, mobile, and email platforms
· You are a systems thinker and a creative problem-solver, and have strong experience helping companies adopt user-centered design processes
· You have proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products for the web (including mobile web) and native mobile applications
· You have experience working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, and more
· You have strong experience with sketching and prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
· You have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing your strong foundation in information architecture, ideation, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
· You have experience designing products powered by Machine Learning and AI
· You have a passion for evolving education
What We Offer You:
· Industry competitive salary and stock options
· Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
· 401(k) program with matching to help you save for the future
· Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
· Regularly planned team events and outings
· Free lunches twice a week, cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
· Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
· Opportunity to make a meaningful impact - education technology is revolutionizing the way we learn
Our client envisions a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. We are a privately held, mission-driven educational technology company that is profitable and growing. We’re building the optimal learning destination for every college course. Our clients’ students can access over 20 million course-specific study materials and study resources to enhance their supplemental and deep learning experiences. We see more students that are confident and prepared when they can quickly find what they need and learn deeply.
We’re not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Our client has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.