Category: Operations/Support, Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading investor in major financial markets
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10217
About the Role
Our client's Execution Services team is looking for a Platform Reliability Engineer to expand their technical operations. In this role, you will be collaborating with Traders, Quantitative Researchers and Business leaders to advance our technology stack. You will be responsible for delivering technical solutions to enhance our proprietary trading platform. You will be working in the areas such as Systems Architecture, Predictive analytics, Self-Healing automation frameworks, Continuous Integration. We take pride in offering an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
The Role & Responsibilities:
· Individual will work in a fast paced, high visibility, high impact, front-office trading desk.
· Continually experiment, improvise and translate ideas to technology solutions enabling uninterrupted trading.
· Meticulously curate and improvise devops frameworks.
· Develop coaching algorithms that automate decision making and mitigate operational risk.
· Manage configuration, performance and uptime of distributed trading platform, which covers multiple asset classes.
· Build automation frameworks to mitigate operational risk.
· Work with development teams to validate functionality, performance and capacity of trading engines.
· Participate in product development, starting from inception to delivery.
· Work on tactical application development for traders and business users.
· Solid understanding of building, deploying and managing large-scale distributed systems that support real-time transaction processing.
· Experience with trading systems applications including OMS and FIX engines will be a plus.
· Solid experience in UNIX/Linux, Networking, Python, Perl and SQL.
· Solid experience with open source frameworks similar to Ansible, Kibana, Kafka, SQLite, Mongo.
· Experience with automated testing methodologies and test tools is desirable.
· Experience interacting independently with internal and external customers, documenting technical requirements and delivering appropriate solutions.
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills applicable to a dynamic trading environment.
· An ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and deliver results with 100% uptime.
Education: A BS degree in Computer Science or related Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering curriculum.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.