Company Description: proprietary trading firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10187
About the Role
This position works with our in-house trading systems and critical infrastructure. Our mix of custom designed and open source systems allow you to dive to the real source of a problem without having to play guessing games with a vendor. Members of this group are hard-working systems engineers, administrators and programmers, tasked with maintaining, improving, and sometimes transforming our core technology infrastructure.
Linux administrators monitor and support the technical and operational stability of the firm's proprietary trading systems. They work directly with trading, technology, and operations to understand and react to issues as they arise during the trading day. The ability to identify and direct accurate and timely information to the firm's trading desks is of the utmost importance during the resolution of an issue.
We try to automate much of our work, and not because we are lazy. Deployment automation, centralization of management, and obsessive monitoring are the focus of many of our ongoing projects. We find that automation reduces our error rate and overall workload - plus, we think it's fun.
Working with the systems group provides the opportunity for involvement with almost every other facet of the company. From hardware to software, research to development, testing to production - we need your expertise everywhere, and the more you learn about our business, the more effective you will be.
- Ability to efficiently analyze and deconstruct technical problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Technical strength in networking, programming or system administration.
- Solid foundation in computer science and networking principles.
- Ability to write clear code in at least one general-purpose programming language like Ruby, Python, C, OCaml, or Haskell. Ability to understand code in many others. Experience with OCaml or another functional language is not required.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with multiple Linux distributions.
- Demonstrated programming experience in the form of open source contributions or shared code samples.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.