Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Edtech Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 9914
Our Client is looking for a Senior Search Engineer who can hit the ground running. You’ll take ownership of the design and implementation of our clients consumer-facing search. As part of our engineering team, you will release code every day and your work will be seen by millions of users.
Each engineer has a role in building our client’s architecture and will have the opportunity to touch all parts of the stack. Our projects are big - terabytes of data - and users are around the world. However, our team is small, so you’ll see projects from start to finish and work closely with product managers and designers to ensure successful results.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
· You’ll improve the relevancy and functionality of our consumer-facing search by combining the capabilities of Elasticsearch with the application of Machine Learning techniques over our vast dataset.
· You’ll be designing and implementing high performance and scalable search systems, indexing over 16 million pieces of content in every conceivable format for every academic subject.
· You'll be taking us global as we scale our site for 10x to 100x as many students who can access our resources for any course, anywhere, at any time, and in any language.
· You’ll work with our engineering, product, and design teams to build new features, tools and functionality with AWS, Docker, React, Elasticsearch, and other tools in our stack.
· You’ll leverage Elasticsearch to help solve problems beyond user-facing search - these include recommendations, duplicate/copyright detection, and natural language understanding applications.
Are you our Star Senior Search Software Engineer?
· You've gained 4-5+ years of professional experience with web application development and MVC frameworks like Symfony, Rails, or Django.
· You have 2-3 years of recent search-specific experience with search engines such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene.
· You've earned a degree in Computer Science or STEM field.
· You have code you can share through a project website or GitHub repo.
· You have experience in leading or mentoring less-experienced engineers.
· You have data analysis and visualization experience (e.g. for Machine Learning).
What We Offer You:
· Industry competitive salary and stock options
· Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
· 401(k) program to help you save for the future
· Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
· Free weekly lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
· Regularly planned team and company events, alongside awesome teammates
· Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
· Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
· A top 250 fastest growing company according to Deloitte and Touche Technology Fast 500
Our Client is an online learning library where you can access over 20 million course-specific study resources contributed by a community of students and educators. You’ll find practice problems, study guides, videos, class notes, and step-by-step explanations for every subject you’re studying — from economics to literature, biology to history, accounting to psychology, and everything in between. We help you quickly find what you need so you can learn deeply.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. In addition to hiring the best talent, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.