Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Edtech Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 9913
The Applied Machine Learning team is solving some of the most challenging problems in the education space around question identification, question generation, and personalized learning. We believe that we are just getting started on solving the most basic problems that users of our client’s platform are facing today and in order to keep shipping more products and be innovative we need to build tools and infrastructure that supports iterative development and experimentation. We are looking for a senior software engineer who is passionate about education and wants to work on some really fun projects around data collection/extraction, and building annotation tools by collaborating with product managers, other software engineers, and machine learning engineers.
You’ll be a part of the Artificial Intelligence Group at our client and will ship products that are used by millions of users. The key charter for the AI Group is to build the semantic knowledge graph at our client in order to help personalize bespoke learning experience for students and help educators create unique course content. As a senior engineer, you’ll be expected to take the lead on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
· You’ll build tools and solutions that enable us to move faster with Machine Learning projects.
· You’ll help build scalable platforms for training and evaluating machine learning models.
· You’ll help build prototypes/web apps to rapidly experiment on various versions of ML algorithms.
· You’ll help the team understand data collection needs and build automated solutions to collect, extract and manage data.
· You’ll collaborate with the other machine learning engineers, analytics, and other product teams to understand business needs, find the right solution to a problem and ship products.
· You’ll help engineers from other teams to understand and learn machine learning by building the foundational framework and tools necessary to build ML algorithms.
Are you our Star Senior Software Engineer - Tools, Machine Learning?
· You have at least 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer, preferably on a Machine Learning focused product.
· You have solid programming skills and are proficient in python, java, scala or an equivalent language.
· You have built tools that ML engineers use for model management, versioning and data collection.
· You have experience working with distributed data processing systems like Spark/Hadoop.
· You have a strong understanding of relational databases.
· You have a strong technical background coding web applications at scale.
· You are passionate about data science and machine learning and are constantly learning as the field evolves.
· You are extremely passionate about education.
· You have had exposure to a variety of machine learning algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised).
· You have some experience with search technologies like Solr, Elastic Search, etc.
· You have an advanced (Masters or above) degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, or Math.
· You have experience building recommendation systems.
What We Offer You:
· Industry competitive salary and stock options
· Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
· 401(k) program to help you save for the future
· Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
· Free weekly catered lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
· Regularly planned team outings and company events
· Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
· Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
· A top 250 fastest growing company according to Deloitte and Touche Technology Fast 500
Our client is an online learning library where you can access over 20 million course-specific study resources contributed by a community of students and educators. You’ll find practice problems, study guides, videos, class notes, and step-by-step explanations for every subject you’re studying — from economics to literature, biology to history, accounting to psychology, and everything in between. We help you quickly find what you need so you can learn deeply.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. In addition to hiring the best talent, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.