Company Description: The Most Well Known Streaming Content Technology Firm in the World
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Location: New York-NY
Job Number: 9891
Our client, a top streaming media company, is looking for a Director of Data Analytics to join their growing team.
The Director of Analytics will lead the applied analytics area within Data Science & Analytics. This team is dedicated to informing strategic product, programming and marketing decisions that drive acquisition and retention of subscribers. The Director of Analytics will not only have a deep understanding of the application of analytics to complex business questions but demonstrable experience using analytics to influence key decision makers across the organization. The position will lead and develop a team of analytic professionals in the delivery of timely and insightful analysis in conjunction with other teams within Consumer Insights & Analytics.
· Lead a team of talented data and applied scientists in the design and execution of complex data and analytic projects that influence key business decisions in programming, marketing and product that surface critical insights on how, why, where and what drives customer engagement to the greater organization
· Participate in developing compelling data-driven stories aimed at informing strategic and tactical decision making of key business stakeholders
· Foster a shared purpose among team members that enhances the capabilities of the team by building a collaborative learning environment
· Bachelor or higher degree in quantitative field of study (mathematics, physical sciences, computer science, operations research etc.) from an accredited institution
· Inquisitive, conceptual thinker comfortable overseeing analytics on complex problems with a wide range of business applications
· Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate junior staff in a fast-paced ever changing environment empowering them to do great things by developing a shared purpose and shared success
· Must be capable of telling compelling data centric stories that inform key strategic and tactical decisions to varying internal and external stakeholders, of varying seniority
· Capability to lead multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment in partnership with multiple business stakeholders
· Experience overseeing the design and execution of complex analytic projects aimed at influencing key business strategies in content development, content scheduling, marketing optimization, customer acquisition and engagement and product feature development
· 15+ years of experience in executing and managing complex analytic projects
· Demonstrable experience leading an analytics team in a media, entertainment, telecommunications or big-data driven consumer-product company
· Experience in analytic consulting to c-level across multiple functional areas (product development, marketing, finance, customer support) preferred
· Position based in New York or Seattle
· R, Python, SAS
· Analytics, A|B and multivariate testing
· Tableau or other data visualization tools
· Project and resource management
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.