Company Description: Leading Edtech Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Location: San Mateo-CA
Job Number: 9818
We are looking for an experienced Staff Data Scientist to join us and drive growth and evolution of our product. You will work with big data sets, using deep statistical models to drive actionable insights and tackle high impact business problems. Leveraging your expertise in stats and data science, as well as your business acumen and creative mind, you will be telling the story behind your insights. You’ll be painting a picture to our functional partners, and explain to them what the numbers are telling us, why it matters to them, and recommend product changes, new features, and A/B tests for implementation. You can expect to spend 80% of your time individually driving analyses and insights, and the other 20% managing or mentoring a small team of data scientists.
The analytics team with our Client is central to our functional organization, and heavily influences the strategy and tactics of our company’s roadmap. The analytics team is rapidly growing in order to generate more and more analytical insights to fuel our clients’s growth while giving directions to our product strategy. We are also constantly improving and innovating ways that our client can use data to drive growth and strategic initiatives.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
Are you Our Star Staff Data Scientist?
What We Offer You
Our Client is a fast-growing education technology company, building the world’s largest platform of crowd-sourced learning materials and making education more accessible. Technology is revolutionizing the way we learn, and we’re committed to helping our users share and access the great academic content that they need to master their classes. This includes anything from study guides, test prep, on-demand tutors, homework help, flashcards, videos, and more.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.