Are you constantly looking for the intersection of customer goals and business needs? Do you thrive when you encourage creatives to deliver the best work of their careers? Do you think hiring someone with a different point of view from yours makes for a stronger team? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask “Why?”
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’ve got to meet.
We’re the product design team at a rapidly growing eCommerce company, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, we’re solving new problems every day in both the online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
Product Design senior leadership is responsible for driving the design strategy to allow hunters to quickly find what they’re looking for, and to inspire browsers with our catalog and features. Your penchant for structure and organization will guide the overall information architecture of our site, keeping an eye on the big picture, and the continued improvement of our design systems and tools.
We’re looking for a strong product thinker who can clearly communicate their ideas from a high-level view of our customer experience, as well as dive into the details to help our product teams deliver world-class products and services. Your ability to identify, influence, and prioritize opportunities for greatest impact paired with your leadership and mentorship of great designers will craft a platform allowing amazing design to happen.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the work of a multi-disciplinary design team comprised of product designers, researchers, and content strategists
- Contribute to the hiring of the best talent to comprise a complementary set of thinkers who continually push one another to achieve great results
- Set the example for what product design is at our company
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive of other leaders across the company in the areas of product management, engineering, merchandising, marketing, brand partnerships, and customer support to impact the scale of design
- Conduct design initiatives across multiple workgroups, coordinating efforts to achieve unified solutions for touchpoints across the customer’s journey
- Engage in design community activities to further promote awareness of the product design team and its achievements
- Driven by experience, make calls from the gut when pure quantitative data isn’t conclusive
- Abolish the status quo and achieve new design standards across both the company and the industry
- Inspire designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to deliver the best work of their careers
Who you are:
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A leader and mentor of design teams comprised of varying experiences and backgrounds
- A motivator who champions team successes and stays humble in your own success
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for youwr first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
Who you aren’t:
- A perfectionist
- An egomaniac on par with Kanye
- A ‘yeah, but’er
This is a rare opportunity to help grow and curate the work of designers who have the ability to drive incredible product solutions across an industry. If this is the challenge you’re seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. We’d love to get to know you!