Category: Data, Software Engineering
Company Description: Prestigious Investment Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Location: New York-NY
Job Number: 9744
A prestigious family office is looking for an experienced senior quant developer/architect to join a small, close knit team with a collegiate culture that values openness, creativity and an attention to detail bordering on the fanatical.
With multi-billion assets invested in Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Real Assets, Public Equities, etc., the rare green field development opportunities exist here to support multi-asset portfolio management, asset allocation, portfolio forecast modeling, trading, performance analytics, exposure and liquidity modeling, risk modeling and reporting.
The current technology platform runs on Microsoft SQL Server 2012, .NET framework 4.6.1/C# 6.0, and SharePoint 2013.
What We Look For:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Finance Engineering, Math, Physics or similar quantitative field
- 8+ years of professional C# development experience – bonus points for work in financial industry and asset management, more bonus points if the work involved building system from ground up, even more bonus points if you have experience leading and architecting risk modeling and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting.
- Extensive knowledge with SQL on any relational database server, such as SQL server. Strong database design with passion in building high performing portfolio management system.
- Experience mentoring/managing a team of talented diverse individuals.
- High comfort level around financial modeling in asset management.
- Working knowledge of Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Real Assets products.
- Working knowledge of SSIS, SSRS, Bloomberg SAPI is plus.
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and logically in both technical and non-technical settings.
- Test driven developer with highest software quality possible.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Function as senior architect in designing and modeling new and exciting product on the portfolio management platform.
- Quantitative coding: write performant code for simulating a variety of asset classes. Financial modeling will be implemented for portfolio forecasting, as-if scenario analysis, liquidity and exposure modeling, as well as risk analytics and stress test.
- Database design and implementation for the financial data processing.
- Technical liaison supporting investment professionals, portfolio strategists and traders.
- One team spirit: collaborate with and learn from colleagues.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.