Category: Operations/Support, Software Engineering
Company Description: The Best Engineered e-commerce Platform in the World
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 9743
curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize us from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (We are a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
We run an e-commerce platform on Microsoft Azure with many additional opensource technologies and middleware. All our systems that power us runs in the cloud so we always think cloud first! Our team uses a mix of Linux and some Windows. Our team is trying to code themselves out of job. We are trying to remove each and every barrier that would keep development team from executing faster than our competitors. This means full stack support in public cloud, automated provisioning, distributed schedulers, alerting, monitoring, log aggregation, metrics, backups, data layers as a service, CI/CD, multi data center deployments and orchestration.
About the Job
This Lead Engineer role requires strong collaboration skills to partner with various application development groups and sustained passion to persistently engage towards building world-class standards in operational excellence. This role will work in a fast-paced environment where multiple streams of deliverables will be rolling into production at various speeds and cycles.
You will be part of our cloud platform team, a team that is trying to code themselves out of job. Cloud Platform team is trying to remove each and every barrier that would keep application development teams from executing faster than our competitors, which means full stack support in public cloud, automated provisioning, cluster schedulers, alerting, monitoring, log aggregation, metrics, backups, data layers as a service, CI/CD, multi data center deployments and orchestration. This team is also responsible for Site Reliability Engineering.
You will get to work in an exciting and engaging environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly - have fun!
· Lead a team building cloud platform tools and solutions for a retail organization.
· Collaborate with the engineering teams to define strategy and technical platform roadmap, and drive the rapid implementation of appropriate technologies
· Encourage value-driven innovation to current framework and processes to continuously improve efficiency of product development processes.
· Partner with development teams to prepare for timely and smooth acceptance of deliverables into production environment
· Evaluate new tools and technologies based on current and future feature requirements, performance, cost effectiveness, and reliability
· Work closely with development teams to understand requirements and applies industry knowledge to recommend build/buy solutions
· Execution on all release engineering aspects of DevOps including Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Management, Continuous Integration and Delivery
· Review existing solutions with a fresh perspective to suggest improvements and optimizations
· Managing and mentoring junior members of the team.
Skills & Requirements
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
· Experience with cloud delivery platforms, Azure/AWS/GCE
· Building high-leverage tools for engineers
· Hands on experience with one or more programming languages
· Working knowledge of running and tuning large scale applications in production
· Hands on experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Mesos / Nomad
· Attention to detail in their code and output
· Attention to operational excellence
· Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with other application teams
· Experience of coaching and mentoring software engineers for technical and professional growth a plus
Technologies We Use
Microsoft Azure, Nomad, Prometheus, Docker, F#, Golang, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Vagrant, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, EventStore, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server, New Relic, Splunk, Nagios, PagerDuty
We are reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. We believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. We have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.