Company Description: Major Re-Insurance Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 9316
About the role
Are you someone who believes that speed is extremely important to maintain market parity? Do you continuously look for ways to be better? Do you believe in automation, and are you driven to ensure system availability, security, stability, and scalability? Are you passionate about delivering innovative and leading-edge solutions that will be the market differentiator for the business?
As a DevOps System Engineer, you will be working on several of our client’s key technology initiatives, leveraging cutting-edge data, cloud, and integration technologies. You will be working with some of the brightest and smartest people set to revolutionize the insurance industry.
Working within the CTO organization, you will build and support cloud-based solutions and setup DevOps practices using a revolutionary technology stack. You will partner with vendors and architects on solution frameworks, as well as perform system administration of multiple systems maintaining desired security levels for services in the cloud.
The ideal candidate is someone who can operate strategically and deliver tactically while driving vendor outputs and managing complex relationships in a matrix organization. This person will also have a broad understanding of technologies and a proven track record of driving big data, data analytics, and cloud infrastructure and integration platform initiatives.
About the team
We are a fast growing unit, established to deliver innovative protection solutions sold directly to consumers through wide distribution channels. Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure, and competencies that are key to driving forward this new business while working closely with our partners and clients.
Our mission is to reduce the protection gap by simplifying life insurance and making it more accessible. Our motto is to "provide protection solutions as they should be,” delivering solutions consumers feel good about buying and that we feel good about selling.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees and customer experience, and that has the ambition and desire to be the best in white label insurance products in the world.
· Must have 8+ years in software development executing extremely complex IT projects
· Must have 2+ years of experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including Azure (preferred) and AWS
· Develop and perfect DevOps automation scripting/tools such as Powershell, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Puppet, and Chef
· Source-code management and administration of infrastructure control tools and development in process-driven environments
· Good Understanding of Operation Management Technologies - Log Aggregation, Server Monitoring, Process Monitoring, Application Monitoring - Splunk, Nagios, NewRelic, Logstash, Kibana
· Experience maintaining high availability production systems in a Public/Private Cloud environment
· Web Services experience with Apache, Nginx, and RESTful APIs
· Familiarity with databases: SQL, NoSQL and Oracle
· Kubernetes/Docker Swarm or Any other Docker Orchestration Technologies is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to execute on projects from start to finish with deep technical knowledge
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Math or equivalent work experience
· Experience in the insurance industry (life) is a plus
· Information and Cloud Security experience is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical issues
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.