Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Canadian and U.S. Customs Brokerage
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10369
The fundamental mission of our client is to be a trusted partner with our clients. They deliver the highest quality customized blend of compliance and international trade solutions with uncompromising, personalized customer service. They have real conversations amongst themselves and with their clients. They take necessary action, even when uncomfortable. They utilize a consultative approach and innovative, technology based solutions. They are faster and more agile than their competitors.
The Java Developer will be required to use top level technical knowledge to develop software that meets / exceeds specified requirements. Also he / she will be expected to employ industry standard approaches and participate in day-to-day development efforts.
Key Responsibilities (Supervisory/Materials/Information)
• Develop software to meet / exceed specified requirements.
• Ensure that software is written using industry standard practices with special attention to efficiency, reusability, and readability.
• Help establish and implement testing plans prior to code being moved into production.
• Where required, produce readable technical documentation.
• When tasked, research various technologies and provide recommendations.
• Work on several projects concurrently either alone, with other developers, or as a member of a large project team.
• Investigate and resolve bugs and document issues.
• Communicate with clients or internal employees by phone and/or email.
• Enhance existing legacy applications.
• Basic WebSphere Application Server support.
• Participate in after-hours support.
• Work on enhancement tasks
• Investigate potential communication issues between Java Applications and other programs
• Assist in writing business reports
• Participate in after-hours support
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or similar field
· More than 4 years of development experience, with at least 2 years in a Java environment
· Excellent Java programming skills and solid understanding of Java Web Applications
· Knowledge of and experience with many industry standard development framework
· Experience with Spring Framework is an asset
· Understanding of relational databases and JDBC
· Understanding of Java Application Server Technologies
· Strong understanding of service enabling technologies ( i.e. SOAP, REST, JMS, etc. )
Competencies, Working Skills & Attributes
· Excellent problem solving skills and has a strong mentoring ability
· Ability to multitask and work on several projects concurrently
· Good written and verbal communication skills to communicate to employee and / or clients
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to write and prepare reports and procedures
· Tactful and dependable
Working Conditions, Mental Effort & Physical Requirements
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time while coding
· Ability to focus on computer screen and / or written materials for extended periods of time
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
· Must work under deadlines and related stresses in a timely and efficient manner
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.