Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: National Educational and Socially Minded Gaming Studio
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10297
Multiplayer Systems Engineer Job Description
Our Client is seeking a talented and passionate Multiplayer Systems Engineer to join our engineering team and help build an exciting new 3D game series to be released on PC. This position will work directly with the lead engineer, DevOps engineer, creative director, designers, and other team programmers on the game’s networking, collaboration, and social features. Our ideal candidate has experience programming in Unity, a deep knowledge of writing networking code for multiplayer gameplay and Unity networking systems, and experience interfacing with popular social media and streaming APIs. Candidates should also have a broad interest in diverse areas of game development, and a critical eye for opportunities to improve the quality of the game.
As our Multiplayer Systems Engineer you will ...
● Work with the Lead Engineer and DevOps Engineer to create networking systems and add social features, to assist with the game’s development process.
● Work with Designers and Engineers to build multiplayer gameplay.
● Write clean, bug free, and well encapsulated networking APIs.
● Instrument, profile, analyze, and optimize network game traffic.
● Write interfaces to social media and streaming APIs (Facebook, Twitch, etc.).
● Collaborate with Production to coordinate task lists to ensure assignments are progressing as expected according to schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
We’re looking for someone who has …
● Five or more years engineering experience.
● At least two years of Unity experience (using C#).
● Experience implementing networked gameplay and dealing with bandwidth and latency issues.
● Experience with client-side prediction and lag compensation systems, to optimistically execute and correct mistakes both for networked physics and arbitrary application layer events.
● A strong understanding of online games, including low-level networking, back-end, and internet connection issues and solutions.
● Experience with the implementation and requirements of client-server and peer-to-peer networking models.
● Knowledge of UDP and TCP and relevant applications of both.
● Prior development work on distributed systems and client/server architectures
● Comfortable working with RESTful APIs and JSON
● Knowledge of network and server security issues
● Knowledge and understanding of Unity’s networking systems.
● High self-motivation and drive.
● The ability to actively participate and offer creative solutions to game design challenges.
● Excellent communication and team skills.
● The ability to effectively collaborate with a team of other programmers, artists, and designers.
● Proficient in writing technical documentation
It’s a bonus if you have …
● Shipped one or more games built in Unity.
● Experience working with Unreal multiplayer and networking system
● Post launch (live-ops) support experience.
● Cloud development or large scale data store experience
● Samples of completed Unity game projects you have directly contributed to.
● A passion for video games.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Relocation Note: This position does offer domestic relocation.
Andiamo and its clients value diverse perspectives and voices on our teams, and encourage applications from people of backgrounds that have traditionally been underrepresented in the games industry.
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.