Responsible for leading mission based team to focus on certain aspects of the network. Responsible for complex/critical incident troubleshooting, complex change implementation, and work on critical hub/core environments, contributes to the team on a variety of projects to deliver high quality results. Strong collaboration skills: ability to work with other network operations engineers and cross-functional peers. Strong communication skills: clear written and verbal communication.Essential Responsibilities:
Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and provide valuable input. Ability to collaborate effectively with (and learn from) other network operations employees, and other individuals within the business, to drive outcomes. Self-motivated and passionate about learning new technologies. Strong understanding of network terminology, troubleshooting concepts, and full stack connectivity. Strong understanding of how compute / applications interact with the network. Hands on Network Engineer with understanding and passion for technology, works cross teams to solve complex issues
Must have a passion for internal and external customer success
Ability to do packet analysis to identify issues with applications / servers that are not network related. Excellent understanding of how to troubleshoot / triage network related issues
Excellent understanding of how to configure network devices
Strong understanding of how to use network tools to aid in troubleshooting / monitoring the network.
Ability to work under tight deadlines and think critically about the task at hand
Excellent understanding of routing / switching / wireless technologies
Strong understanding of complex technologies like firewalls, IPS, load balancing.
Strong understanding of network design principles.
Ability to gather requirements and design / deploy a solution or tool to meet those needs. Ability to identify the steps needed to accomplish a task and to lead an initiative / project manage it to completion.
Ability to identify areas of need and propose solutions to approach them.
CCNP or equivalent certification. CCIE is preferred.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other technical / IT field, OR in lieu of a degree: a HS diploma/GED and minimum 4 years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT infrastructure operations or engineering teams.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience and demonstrated capability and competency to thrive and solve in a complex, multi-tenant network environment.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience and proven capability to work in a highly matrix environment.
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
- Must be willing to travel less than 10% of the time
- Must be willing to work out of Atlanta (preferable) or Cincinnati, OH
- To be considered for this role, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(2) and 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this jobDesired Characteristics:
- Ability to navigate and troubleshoot issues in a multi-tenant, complex datacenter network environment
- Drives solutions that improve resiliency and reliability across the enterprise with intense focus on capability and contemporized designs and solutions
- Has a robust understanding of the environment including *Unix, Windows, and storage fabrics
- Interfaces with Engineering, Security, and Network Architecture to align implementations and drives outcomes through the eyes of customer success
- Builds and manages the DC LAN environments.
- Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
- Expert in wireless LAN technologies including Cisco, Cloud based WLAN management including Meraki, Aruba and other vendors
- Strong hands-on experience working on F5 load balancer
- Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
- Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary – as a value offering.
- Expert in Scripting language, Python, Ansible and other scripting languages is highly desired
- Must have strong working experience with Juniper, Check Point, Cisco ASA and/or Palo Alto
- Must have strong working experience with F5 LTM
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and capability to focus engineering effort during times of need
- In-depth experience with multi-disciplined technology stack across systems and network LAN
- CCIE Security, CCIE Service Provider certifications in conjunction with the Data Center and Routing & Switching disciplines
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Able to communicate successfully across all levels of the organization
- Excellent managing & influencing skills
- CCIE Data Center and/or Routing & Switching certification or demonstrated equivalency
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
United States; Georgia, Ohio; Atlanta, Cincinnati
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.