Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Hedge Fund
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10238
Our client is looking for a Quantitative Research Analyst with strong engineering skills, with a particular focus on research in Futures and FX products.
Candidate will primarily conduct ad hoc impactful research on Futures and FX markets, working with firm management and portfolio managers to enhance existing processes, explore new opportunities, and deploy live trading strategies.
The ideal candidate has a passion for statistics and strong engineering skills, in particular with regard to the manipulation of large datasets. The candidate must have a track record of taking ownership of projects and working both independently and collaboratively with other researchers and with business management.
The candidate will collaborate with our front office and back office development teams to operationalize new trading strategies.
This is an opportunity to help realize the growth potential of a small but expert team.
The role offers the candidate an opportunity to achieve a desired career trajectory based not only on their core expertise but also on their preferred areas of growth.
· Two or more years of experience working as a quantitative analyst covering Futures, Fixed Income, or FX products
· High level of proficiency with SQL
· Experience performing statistical analysis using Python
· Strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to senior management and portfolio managers
· A high-energy personality and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· A high degree of drive – must be a self-starter
· The ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and to thrive in a team-oriented environment
· A commitment to the highest ethical standards and who act with professionalism and integrity at all times
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.