Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Elite Game Theory Focused Trading Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10179
We are a 30 year-old privately held trading firm located just outside of Philadelphia, PA. Building virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch, we are leaders and innovators in high performance trading.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to work with petabytes of historical market data on a cluster with thousands of cores. In this role, you will be working on a team responsible for managing the data pipeline in generating rich data sets used by Equity and Futures strategies. As part data engineer / part software engineer you are building tools that analyze large data sets which directly impact and optimize our trading behavior and results. This is a highly visible team that works with traders and quantitative research strategists to provide key information used in trading.
As a member of this team, you will:
· Work with historical tick-by-tick data for US Equities and Futures markets to create enriched data sets
· Optimize components across the data generation and data access pipeline
· Generate reference/derived data used by trading strategies
· Provide tools for data processing pipeline including dependency based scheduling and monitoring
Our Engineers Are:
· Able to execute on ideas quickly
· Committed to innovation
· Focused on the entire technical stack with an eye for building a stable, scalable, optimized environment with minimized risk
· Passionate about technology and interested in exploring new technologies to find the optimal solutions
What we're looking for
· MS or PHD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 5 years of progressive experience developing software and data systems, or advanced graduate work.
· Fluency in C++ and Python is preferred
· Experience with Linux platform and shell scripting
· Enthusiasm for working with data, especially large sets of data. Strong aesthetics for cleanliness and correctness in data
· Visa sponsorship is available for this position
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.