Category: Software Engineering
Company Description: Leading Edtech Firm
Salary: Highly Competitive, Depending on Experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Number: 10104
Our client is changing education by building a global community of students, the largest digital library of study materials, and innovative machine learning technology to support both learning and teaching.
Our engineering teams release code every day to millions of people, so we're looking for someone who can embrace challenges, build new features, and iterate quickly. Our projects are big - many terabytes of data and millions of users around the world - but our team is small, so you’ll see projects from start to finish and work closely with product managers and designers to ensure successful results.
With our client, Staff Software Engineer is a highly productive developer, contributes to system design, and provides mentoring for team members. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
Working here, you will demonstrate your engineering expertise and passion for applying technology to help solve real business problems as they happen. You should be comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and have a strong desire to work on a variety of solutions. Our engineers are versatile leaders who work enthusiastically to tackle new problems across the full technology stack.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
· You’ll design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve tools and infrastructure for our client developers and TechOps.
· You’ll identify and evaluate new technologies to improve the our clients’ platform.
· You’ll identify best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives.
· You’ll design complex systems and lead the technical solution for projects.
Are you our Star Staff Back End Software Engineer?
· You’ve earned a BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience.
· You have 8+ years of experience architecting dynamic production solutions.
· You’re familiar with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible and CI tools like Jenkins.
· You’re familiar with AWS and other cloud technologies.
· You’ve built and deployed microservices
· You’ve built out servers and know the right tools for the job
· You are detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to manage shifting priorities.
· You have the ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
· You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· You have the ability to formulate articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution.
· You have a deep sense of product ownership.
· You have previous work experience at a startup or consumer Internet company.
· Experience with Rancher or Kubernetes
· You have a solid security background, including rights management and Linux security.
What We Offer You:
· Industry competitive salary and stock options
· Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
· 401(k) program to help you save for the future
· Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
· Free weekly catered lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
· Regularly planned team outings and company events
· Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
· Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: All inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your resume will not be submitted to any client company without your prior knowledge and consent.